Sunday, January 04, 2009

Three and thirty-three

As Lily continues to figure out the world, Carl and I enjoy all the things Lily says that are close but just a little off, like the "roller coaster shoes" instead of "roller skates". I thought that I would share a couple of my favorites.
  • When Lily asks for "rubber tails", she actually wants a ponytail holder, or rubberband.
  • Lily told Carl that he needs to scrape his face, a not-so-subtle reminder that he needs to shave.
  • Lily has been singing "Pat-a-Cake" to her babies a lot lately. Instead of "put it in the oven", she sings "shove it in the oven". It just gives the rhyme a little extra umph.
  • Speaking of being "a little off".....When we leave the house, Lily likes to push the button on the garage remote to make the garage door close. There are three buttons on the remote: 1 big and 2 small. When Lily asked what the small buttons do, Carl responded, "I don't know". Lily replied, "Maybe they burn the house down". As I was trying to process this statement, Carl responds, "That's my girl. If you don't know what something does, always assume the worst and act accordingly...just like daddy." Oh my.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Well the "shove" it in the oven may be my doing. I've always said that.

I love the story about the garaga door!