Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Have you voted today?

(Thanks for the shirt, Tori!)

And thanks America for voting for Lily's better tomorrow! All I could do when the words "President Elect Obama" flashed on the tv screen was cry. And unlike the 2000 and 2004 elections, these were actually tears of joy. My favorite part of the evening was when the news stations flashed to the victory parties being held around the world. Truly, this was a victory not only for our nation but every nation. I know that some did not desire this outcome, but you can't deny that on this day, we made history. And I am so proud that I was able to be part of it and proud once again of being an American (the real kind). ;) Although we still have a long way to go, this monumental occasion gives me hope - something I think we all need, and something I surely know I need right now.

No comments: