Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Town Cook-Off

Mom and I at our table (#9 - Mom made sure to remind everyone)

The Apple Petal Tart

On Sunday, I entered my very first cooking competition. Mom and dad helped with preparations for the event and gave me pointers on sample size, presentation, etc. which must have helped because we won second place! Now, my father did not enter this year, but every year that he has entered, he won first place. So, maybe I'm not at my parents' level yet, but it wasn't bad for my first attempt!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go deetz!! loks mighty good!!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Perhaps you can face off against Dad next year.

Ingrid said...

2nd place. Phooey. Who won first?

Anonymous said...

Great job,Kathleen!If it taste as good as it looks,I'm surprised you didn't win first place. Loretta

Anonymous said...

Well I am surely sorry I missed the bake-off...looks delish! You may just have to post that recipe too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww you girls look so pretty! I miss you and I'm sure the tart was delicious as ever.