Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Most sad of days

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, a tragic event that is too painful to recount leaves me without computer. The culprit of this travesty who shall remain nameless (Carl) claims that the incident was an "accident". Beyond the damage that has left a shell of a computer, other victims include the numerous pictures of our weekend activities held hostage on the camera without a soul (or machine) to claim them. Personal damages include suffering through two straight days without looking at a computer, having access to the internet, e-mail, blogs or discussion boards. Withdrawal symptoms experienced so far include hearing typing on the keyboard in the middle of the night only to awaken and realize that it is crickets chirping. It's feared that full-blown symptoms of shaking and panic will soon set in leaving me vulnerable to the possibility of hospitalization/being institutionalized. It will take a great deal of strength to get through this difficult time, but with the help of the library I think that I may survive. Please be patient with the lack of updates to the blog during this TWO TO THREE WEEK period. All complaints and/or concerns can be sent directly to Carl Deetz at his e-mail account.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Wow, that is bad. I *may* have a temporary solution for you. I can't make guarantees, but I have an old laptop that may just fill the gap. I'll have it in tow when I arrive in St Louis later this week!