Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My monkey

Climbing in the bars of the kitchen table

Lily climbed up the outside of the banister and across the top of her play kitchen and then said, "See mom, I didn't crack my head off."


The real heart-stopper was when I found that she had climbed on the outside of this banister and stood at the top (over the stairs below). I tried to be as calm as I could when I approached her so that she would not get startled and let go, but it was hard to control my urge to scream and sprint toward her.


Later she climbed on top of the flimsy blue plastic paint holder to reach the clips at the top


Going to the playground to give her some appropriate structures for climbing
Hopefully, within the hour, we should have an appropriate structure for climbing right in our very own backyard...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen!

I've been meaning to write and say congrats to Carl on his HUGE accomplishments and welcome you guys back to the area. There's nothing like home.
I also have a suggestion for your next "career". Have you ever thought of writing? I can definitely invision sitting on the beach on vacation reading a book by Kathleen Meyer Deetz. You're very entertaining. Anyway, just a thought. Best of luck! Barb Meyer