Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Fun

Entrance to the Water Play Area - a little too chilly to ride the waves just yet

Lily and I enjoyed looking at the sparking water though

Abby Cadabby's Treasure Hunt Show

Lily was loving it!

Getting an up-close view at Burt's Beach Party Show

Checking out the produce at the Sesame Street Market

Weighing in

Operating the crane down by the dock

Cutest machine operator ever

Climbing to the top of Cookie Monster Mountain, probably her favorite activity of the day

Lily and daddy riding the flying fish

I think Carl enjoyed the ride more than the kids did!

Saying bye-bye to her Sesame Street Pals

We spent Mother's Day at Sesame Street Place in Pennsylvania. We all had the best time. Lily was so excited the entire day. She loved the rides, the shows, the sites - she truly loved it all! Overall, it was just a great family day. This is probably the last time that we will visit Sesame Place due to our move back to the midwest, so I was so happy to be able to go there one last time.
We've been doing a lot of "lasts" recently to fulfill *my* need to go to our favorite places here just one last time. Today Carl and I had lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant which holds many wonderful memories for us. The food there is so delicious, or as my counterpart stated as we were finishing our meal, "If it wasn't socially inappropriate, I'd lick the plate right now." I think that we have hit most of the places on my mental "to do" list before we leave. Now, we are just trying to enjoy our last days in Maryland while finishing up any things we have to do before the big move.

Below is a video of Lily on Cookie Monster's Mountain. It is short, but I thought that it was cute because although it is hard to hear, she is saying, "It's fun, mommy! It's fun!" That's really the best mother's day present ever.




No comments: