Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Happy (late) April Fool's Day

I'm not really great when it comes to pranks, but with Carl being back in his old lab to do research this month, I knew that some practical jokes were inevitable. When Carl got home last night, I got to hear all about them. There were the usual pranks like hiding favorite items and such, but I had to share two of the best. The first one was pretty elaborate and involved taking a picture of someone's desktop on their computer, then hiding all their icons in a hidden folder, then using the picture of the desktop as their background - which meant that the icons that they tried to click on weren't icons at all because it was just a picture. Pretty clever. But my favorite joke was the one played on Carl. His friend set the default language on his computer to Japanese. It took him an hour to change it back to English because the directions for resetting the language were, of course, in Japanese! Love it. I have to give it to you, Jean, that was a good one. Luckily, Carl did not go through with his plan of setting Jean's dissertation to a read-only pdf file. Not funny.

No comments: