Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting my cardboard on

Not too much to report here. I have spent the last 3 days packing, and 40 boxes later, here we are. When Ingrid moved to her new place over the weekend, she rented a U-Haul which we used to get our stuff out of storage that we had moved in order to show our house. Our things in storage nearly filled the entire U-Haul truck! I was in shock. One car-load at a time sure adds up! I would say we now have somewhere around 80 boxes total packed up. So the packing seems to be on schedule. I have to say that it is certainly easier to be at work! I'm filling in for the director at school the next couple of days which is a welcome break from the work in the house for me. Lily has continued to go to school which has been immensely helpful. I know that I could not have accomplished as much over the past few days with Lily in the house. It definitely would have been a lot less fun for her too.

I think that this will be the story for the next couple of weeks - packing and more packing. We have exactly two weeks from tomorrow until the movers come to take our things away and head on down the road. Crazy! That day will start the action for us. We have one pre-commencement function on Thursday to attend, and then another on Friday before the big event later that day. Carl's family will arrive on Thursday to be a part of the celebration. We are really getting excited, although it can be hard to focus on the fun stuff when we have to wade through the sea of details related to moving. We haven't even touched on notifying all parties of our change of address, turning off cable, phone, internet, etc here and turning it on there... So much to do! But, first - sleep. Goodnight all.

No comments: