Saturday, March 29, 2008

Library time




At the risk of totally jinxing myself, I have to report that Lily has done a complete turn-around over the past several days. I can't really take any credit; the change was far too immediate. But, I am so happy that my sunshiney girl is back! This phase could be temporary too, but I'm trying to be optimistic because for about the past four days Lily has been an absolute joy. I can't believe how wonderful she has been. If we say "no" to something, she does not lose all muscle tone and melt into a screaming, crying, red-faced ball of anger. She actually accepts it and moves on! AMAZING! She has been listening so well. I wish there was some way to convey to her how grateful I am for the recent change in behavior. She has been getting copious amounts of praise, so hopefully she gets how proud we are of her.
Her comments continue to make us smile as well:
  • Today she scooped up a glob of peanut butter with her finger and said, "It's a hat for my finger."
  • Carl got a glass of tea for me at dinner a couple of nights ago, and she said, "Say thank-you to daddy, mommy."
  • About a week ago, she was playing in the family room while I was in the kitchen. The family room suddenly became much too quiet, so I called out to her. She answered by reassuring me, "I'm just readin' a book, mom." I was so shocked that she actually knew why I was calling her and then told me why she was quiet. She's becoming such a big girl!

No comments: