Sunday, March 02, 2008

It's official!

Child labor laws are surprisingly lax in Maryland.
We have slowly been introducing the idea of moving to Lily in the past couple of weeks. One day last week, I was bringing a box home from work, and Lily asked why. I explained to her that we were going to move to a new house so we have to pack up our things. I then asked her if she would like to move to a new house, and she said, "Yeah, Grandma & Pop Pop's". I tried to explain that we were going to move closer to them but not exactly with them, but the idea was lost on her. I think that the two weeks we spent with my parents in late October made a lasting impression.

This morning while she was taking a bath, we talked about going to a new school. I told her that we were going to go to a new school with new friends, so we would not go to the same school with her friends now. (Four out of the five other children in her class have been with her since she was three months old, so this is heartbreaking even for me.) I asked her if it would be okay to go to a new school with new friends, and Lily responded with, "Yeah. Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream." That's my laissez-faire girl.

No comments: