Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas cookies!

Tonight Lily and I made our first batch of Christmas cookies together. Okay, so I totally cheated and bought the refrigerated and pre-cut dough so there wasn't much "making" involved with these cookies, but this year, I've gotta tell ya, I'm okay with it. Maybe if I'm feeling motivated, we'll do the real deal this weekend. Lily did insist on making cookies for particular people. So, the first cookie we marked with an "L" for Lily, then she decided dada, mama, Irie, Ingrid, and Terra needed specially marked cookies as well. The final two that made the cut was Zach and Angela (Zach first, of course - sorry Ang!).

I also could not go without mentioning that we are now in the double digits in our countdown to Match Day - yay! I know that Carl could not be happier. He returned from an interview in Iowa at 12:15 am this morning and had to wake up at 4:30 am to be at work. Again, not cool. He only has two interviews left: Johns Hopkins next Monday (hooray for no traveling) and then Indiana in January. We are anxiously awaiting the holiday break and getting the chance to relax and catch up with our families. We are also looking forward to the spring and less traveling. (To put it in perspective, Lily now thinks that daddy goes to work on the "hairplane".) It will be nice to get back to "normal" as much as possible before the big move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he made the cut before me. That will change in due time...