Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Garden Room

As of December 3rd, Lily's class is officially movin' on up to the transitional twos room, our Garden Room. The children in Lily's class have been visiting this room for increasingly longer periods of time over the last few weeks, and they absolutely love it. Besides having a lot more room, it has new toys and things to explore. In addition, the day is a bit more structured, with increased emphasis on "academic skills" like color and number recognition, etc. I love not only the feel of this room but also the fact that it is directly across from my office so I can sneak a peak at her throughout the day. Also, very surprisingly, she has done so much better in this room in terms of not being upset when she sees me throughout the day. Quite often she will wave at me and say "Hi, mama" and continue right on playing. I love it! I am a bit sad though because this will be her last classroom in the school. The class will not move into the 2/3's room until the fall of next year and by that time we will most likely have moved on. It is becoming increasingly hard to think about leaving a school that I love having her attend, where everyone from the staff to parents to children know her and most have since she was 12 weeks old. We are both very happy and comfortable there, and it will be terribly difficult to say good-bye.

No comments: