Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hi from St. Louis

Calling home to check-in on Aunt Ingrid, Terra, and Irie

Lily, Carl, and I are here in St. Louis and thoroughly enjoying our stay with my family. Lily and I have been here for one week while Carl has been here for 3 weeks. Lily and I are keeping extremely busy with various events and activities every day of our vacation. Carl, unfortunately, is working hard at Barnes-Jewish Hospital completing a rotation in Surgical Pathology, so he does not have as much free time. We decided to do this rotation in St. Louis to get "a foot in the door" at the Pathology Program at Washington University. It also allows Carl to gain firsthand knowledge of what life would be like as a Path resident at Wash U. So far, so good. Carl actually has an interview at Wash U for the Path Program on the Monday following his completion of the rotation. As always, we try to remain optimistic but also realistic. Wash U's path program is probably the best in the country, so nothing's guaranteed.



I have been doing a fair amount of "work" while I've been here as well. I am looking into different daycares in the area and doing extensive research on the housing market here. We have spent both Sundays here going to many, many open houses which has been a lot of fun. I think that I have a really good feel for the market now and what areas would be best for us to live. Now if we could just find out if we are actually going to be able to live here!! We won't find out until late March which is just torture. The only thing I can do right now is prepare for the possibility but also be prepared to have to switch gears if we receive different news down the line.



We have taken a ridiculous amount of pictures of Lily while we have been here, and I will try to post some as I get the time which has been more limited than you might think. My mom, Angela, Lily and I are off to Kansas City tomorrow to visit my girl Tori and her new baby Sophia during the day and then have dinner with my sister, Suzanne, and her girls, Mary and Katie at night. We like to keep things hopping!

No comments: