Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grandma & Grandpa visit!


We were very lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Meyer come to visit us this past weekend. There are very few times in which I have to work and school is closed for Lily, Teacher In-Service Days being those times. This year I was a little smarter than last. I planned ahead and asked my mom & dad if they would come to help us out during this time. Like usual, mom and dad jumped at the request for help and came to our rescue. This was especially nice considering that it was my mom's birthday on Saturday. Despite long work hours on Thursday & Friday, we were able to spend a very nice Saturday morning at the Inner Harbor and then have a girls' afternoon of shopping and beauty. Thanks mom & dad for all your help!!!


Work continues to be a bit stressful, but we have had a very successful start to the school year so far, so I'll take it. Carl is finishing the final week of his Pathology rotation and then his next rotation is at the hospital 10-15 minutes from our house (where Lily was born). This is certainly a welcome change from his current hour commute. Carl was granted the opportunity to do one of his rotations in St. Louis this fall so he will be spending a month there (staying with my parents), and Lily and I will join them for about 2 weeks, so we are really looking forward to that.

Lily continues to be completely adorable and charming...and a stinker. Her latest "Quote of the Week" came a couple of days ago when out of nowhere she looked at me, pointed, and said "Shut up" and then turned to Carl, did the same thing, and then resumed playing with whatever it was that she was previously engaged with. It was very hard not to laugh because it was so random. I would be alarmed at this language had I not known exactly how she picked this up. Unfortunately, it is Carl's and my fault completely. While we would never say this phrase to another human being, we have quite frequently said these words to our little barker, Terra. We definitely will be more on top of this in the future and modify our words directed at Terra.

That is all the news for now. I will try to be better about posting more frequently as things at work settle down a bit.

No comments: