Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A rose is a rose...

I think it's funny how we adjust so much to Lily's way of doing things. As most children do, Lily has decided that certain things are called particular names, and so Carl and I have adopted a new language known as "Lily Speak". If you want to be able to follow the conversation in our house, here is a sampling of code words to know...
  • "Eyes" are sunglasses
  • "Ra Ra" is Terra
  • "Pashu" is pacifier
  • "Quackas" are crackers
  • "Mo" is more
  • Book, which she used to say accurately, has now become "boot" for some unknown reason

To Lily's credit, she is saying many, many words correctly and fairly clearly these days including: shoes, socks, mama, dada, bye-bye, see you, thank you, ball, hat, jacket, hot, no, sit, outside, juice, night-night, and many body parts, animal names, and animal sounds, among others. As a side note, my favorite animal sound that she has modified is the sound for rooster, pronounced as "cock doo". Classic.

Another wonderful development is that she started saying "love you" within the past week or so. This is still very hard to understand, but the intent is clear. However, the meaning may be lost on her, as she will often say it and then smack me in the face. Lovely.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Abusive relationships in the making. :-) Just kidding!

Has she started saying "yes" yet, or is it still that big grin?

I'm not even there and I catch myself calling sunglasses "eyes" occasionally. Her little voice runs through my head entirely too much!