Monday, March 05, 2007

Riveting news

Lily, Carl, and I went to visit our friends' now 5-week-old twins, Ellie and Henry, this weekend. What beautiful babies! They are so snuggly (and incredibly light!) They are very lucky to have such a great big sister, Rachel Grace, and two incredible moms. It's kind of hard to justify any complaining on my part about being busy when seeing all they have to juggle and realizing how relatively easy we have it. Even though it is hard, they are handling it so well - kudos to you guys!

In the land of Lily, it's all about the 'tude right now. I should probably discourage it more than I do, but it's hard when she's so darn cute. Currently Lily takes the washcloth from me at bath time, puts it behind her back and tells me "no, no". She still loves baths, she just doesn't like the actual washing part. She does, however, love to have the water on and running over her hair. Go figure. She also loves to brush her teeth, although I'm not sure that sucking the toothpaste off of the toothbrush actually counts as cleaning.

Probably the most hysterical thing that she does currently is roll her eyes. You have to see her do it to truly appreciate it, but it's just hilarious.

She has definitely taken to telling us "no" throughout the day but especially when eating. She used to eat anything and everything, but she has gotten a little more selective lately. The only reliable thing that we know she will always eat is fruit, blueberries still being the hands-down favorite. She also loves pasta with red sauce and any and all cheeses. Beans are also very high on her list. Vegetables can be a little tricky. The only meat she has taken to is beef. Probably the most notable thing in terms of her diet is that it used to be an all or nothing thing. She either liked a particular food or she didn't. Now she may not want something one day, but the next, she eats it just fine. I guess she's just beginning to be more like us, with preferences that change from day to day - perfectly acceptable, even if somewhat inconvenient for us.

Before Lily could walk, I was so anxious for it to happen. Now I keep thinking "why?" She does not tolerate being held for too long anymore, and she doesn't want me to hold her hand while walking, even outside. This translates to fun times for me in the parking lot. I've compromised by holding on to her hood when we are outside. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do when Spring hits. I've heard that we may be getting snow on Wednesday night so it seems that I still have some time before I have to answer that question.

And so this turned out to be a way longer post than I had intended. Don't you just hate it when people go on and on and on about their kids....?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

VERY selfishly speaking, I have to say that I'm somewhat relieved to hear that Lily hasn't remained such a perfect eater. I was so jealous of your little girl eating hummus and red pepper! I think they just all hit the phase you're at now, and all we can do is wait it out. Lucy has been getting much better over the past few months, so it doesn't last forever!!

And yes, walking can be SUCH a pain sometimes. Just wait for sprinting, leaping, and spinning...that's a whole new world of gray hairs!!

Anonymous said...

like you are suprised she likes cheese...