Friday, March 16, 2007

Farewell Twenties...

...Hello Thirties! As Carl so kindly reminded me, today is my last day as a girl in my twenties. I have to say, I'm not at all lamenting the final days of my third decade of life. My twenties were nothing short of great. Milestones reached in the last decade include graduating from college, completing my Masters Degree in Developmental Psychology, getting married, owning our first house, getting our little pooch, and of course, having our first child. I also had the good fortune of doing a fair bit of traveling including trips to Ireland/England/Scotland, Australia, and Western Europe. Of course, in this time, we also had many trips to different regions of this country, and I've had the opportunity to live in several states including Illinois, Tennessee, and Maryland. I've also been lucky enough to become an aunt several times over. We've been through many milestones with loved ones, including many marriages and new babies, thus extending our circle of friends and family.

Now I'm just excited to enter the next phase. Bring on the increased confidence in myself as a person, greater experience and knowledge in my field, happiness in my role as a mother, contentment in my accomplishments thus far, and excited anticipation for the things we have planned over the next ten years. I'm happy to be able to spend this birthday with my parents who have been here since Thursday. I'm also looking forward to a incredibly romantic weekend with my husband. We will be going away to a Bed and Breakfast and enjoying some alone time and fine dining at a French restaurant. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Meyer for babysitting! Overall, I'm feeling VERY lucky to be at this point in my life and feel such overwhelming happiness in nearly all aspects of my life. Thank you to all family and friends for your support over the past years - it is the only reason that I feel so fulfilled and happy today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Weenie! I hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday Kathleen! Enjoy your weekend! I hope to talk to you soon. - Janie

Ingrid said...

quite the decade! Here's to the next 30 years!

Anonymous said...

Yay for thirties! Do you get senior citizen discounts yet...?

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for being so positive...I'm still working on it! I hope you and Carl had a wondeful weekend! I love you!