Sunday, December 31, 2006

We're back, baby

Okay, so I have a lot of catching up to do. We just returned from a week-long visit with my family in St. Louis. So many good times - I don't even know where to begin. I'll try to make a brief timeline of events here. We flew into St. Louis on Christmas eve and had a celebration that night with my dad's side. The next day we went to my cousin's house to celebrate with the Pelleritos (my mom's side). Unfortunately, my sister-in-law had to have surgery on her gallbladder which resulted in a few days in the hospital, but my this meant that my nieces and nephew spent a couple days at my mom and dad's house; so Lily got to spend more time with her cousins (yay!). The big event of the trip was a surprise party for my mom and dad for their 40th wedding anniversary, 60th birthdays, and their retirement (all of these events happened between August and December of this year). It turned out to be an absolutely wonderful party, and we were able to keep it a surprise! Really, it was the best, and we had sooo much fun. Like all good things, the trip has ended but left us with the greatest of memories. Thanks to everyone for making this one of the best Christmases ever. We love you and miss you so much! (Of course, many pictures are to follow.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had such a good time!! can't wait until the next one!