Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Help!


Sometimes it seems that the forces of nature collide in such a way to suggest that the gods must be enjoying their own little comedy that is my life. So, here are the current circumstances. Carl started his surgical rotation today and found out that he has to be at the hospital by 5:30 am every day. At my work, the Head of School announced today that her maternity leave will commence tomorrow, which means that the "Assistant" part of my title will be nonexistent for at least 8 weeks. Then, the staff member that currently opens our school will be out for next 2 weeks for her wedding, which means I'll need to rise before the crack of dawn, and I'm really not a fan. Now for the cherry and whipped cream: Lily's top 2 teeth are cutting through, and her current favorite nocturnal activities include body slamming us, usually on top of our heads. Awesome.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Wow - that sucks!

Let me know if you want me to move out there. You could have a built-in babysitter, dog-walker and cook! If you tell me today I could be there by the weekend! :-)

Hang in there! This too shall pass! Just a yucky time of the year to be dragging yourself out of bed early (at least here it is!)