Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Let the (turtle) races begin!

It's official - Lily is a crawler! This has been a very gradual process with some starts and stops along the way, and she still is not completely stable on all fours, but she's doing it! We are especially proud parents tonight.

Just two days ago, I went to get her out of her crib in the morning, and she was standing up! I was so thankful that I had lowered the mattress in her crib a few weeks ago (a little too close for comfort). It seems that these little changes happen every day, and then all of the sudden, major milestones are accomplished, and you forget that there was a time when they could not do these things. It is hard to remember back to when she could not roll over, make vocalizations or purposefully reach for something... Of course, you know that babies develop along a pretty predictable course, but to see it unfold each day is nothing short of a miracle. I still cherish the days of holding Lily when she was so tiny and just watching her...be. But I have to say that this age is amazing and awe-inspiring. I would not trade this for the world. A very close friend of mine (you know who you are) is currently considering starting a family. To her, all I have to say is that you will NEVER regret it. It is the part of your life that you never knew was missing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great video, she is just darling and you are sooo right, there is nothing like it.

Ingrid said...

This just made my day! Probably a lot more than that!

I'm sure this may Carl forget about that pesky defense for a little while!

Anonymous said...

Well, my goodness, one little Deetz on a big move all right! She sounds pretty happy about her progress too!

Anonymous said...

How cute! She is adorable and this is a great video. Now she is going to be chasing Terra all over the place. - Janie