Wednesday, March 08, 2006

An Oscar-Worthy Performance

Lily having a "Happy Visit" in the office with mommy.
Is it any wonder that she's captured everyone's heart at school?


Lily has become quite the little actress lately. At school, she does a little whimper as I leave the room just to test and see if I'm going to come back and stay with her. I knew that I was going to have to deal with this later; I just didn't know that it would start so soon. Since I have been feeding her at work, we go through this oh-so-pathetic routine several times a day. Lily has also begun to play with vocalizations and spends the majority of her time awake trying to find new noises that she can make; it's quite impressive. But, the most fabulous new ploy that Lily has to make her mommy's heart melt is to smile and LAUGH. Usually the laugh comes out more like a shriek but it is hands down the best sound that I have ever heard. Our very favorite game currently is to hold Lily close to my face and smile, she smiles and laughs and buries her head in my chest and then lifts her head back up to do it again. We could play this game for hours with no complaints on either side.

In other news, Terra was quite ill over the weekend. Carl took her to the vet on Monday, and we started her on meds that are apparently working since she seems to be back to her normal, playful self. Carl was quite impressed with the medication; it is both an anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic, so it covers a wide array of possible problems which is good since we don't really know for sure what was wrong with her. I have to give a shout out to Carl for getting up with Terra every two hours for three nights in a row.

Sometimes I still ponder whether it is harder to have a baby or a dog. It doesn't really matter though; they are both so worth it. Who would have guessed that we would trade hours of sleep in exchange for one sweet look and feel like we made out better on the deal? One mother of triplets said that people would often give her a sympathetic look and say that she must have her hands full. She would reply happily, "Better to have my hands full than empty". So true.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Poor Terra! Give her a kiss for me.

Thanks for the Lily update! I was going through withdrawal with no new pics or stories!