Monday, February 06, 2006

We love school!

Lily and me with her Young School bag on her first day of school

Lily's first (official) day at school and my first day back at work went splendidly. The "Tiny Tidbit" note that we get from her teachers every day that records naps, meals, diaper changes and other observations said that the two Lilys really enjoyed looking at each other. They are not really old enough to play (or hit, kick, and bite) so looking at each other is as good as it gets right now. Her teachers also commented that she is a good eater. I was really glad that she did not seem to have any problems transitioning to bottles. For today, I just pumped and then brought the bottles down to her room. When I get more into a routine at work, I will probably feed her myself at least once or twice a day.

Lily slept through the entire night for the very first time last night!! We put her down at 7:15, and we had to wake her up this morning at 7:15. We, of course, worried throughout the night about why she was sleeping so much, so Carl made frequent trips to her room to check on her. I suppose we will get better about this as time goes on.

I really enjoyed my first day back. It reminded me how much I really like what I do and how lucky I am to have a job that I really like. While I was on maternity leave, I actually got a promotion. Before I was the Cottage Director of the preschool program and now I am the Assistant Director of the school. It was a bit stressful to start a new position while sending Lily to school for the first time, especially since I got a cold and sprained my ankle (from falling down our stairs) right before I went back. But, everything worked out really well, and I think we will adjust just fine.

I've been a little over the top with preparations for this week, but it helped me to feel more prepared and better equipped to deal with this transition. So, I made three dinners on Sunday for the week, and I picked out her outfits for the entire week and I have them lined up in the order that she will be wearing them. I know that I won't be able to keep up this level of craziness, but it was nice to have Eggplant Parmesan today with no preparation time. And, I am lucky enough to have a great husband who came home early to walk the dog and heat up dinner so that it would be ready when Lily and I got home.

All in all, we are off to a great start.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Way to go! Sounds like you guys have done an awesome job getting ready and things are moving right along!

Nadine said...

That is so great! It sounds like you're handling the whole thing much, much better than I did. :) Glad you guys got off to a good start.

Anonymous said...

That is probably why you got that promotion, because of your great skills as an organizer.Keep up the good work. Hope everything continues to run smoothly.

Anonymous said...

well, it looks like you're off to such a happy nuclear family start! Prepared dinners, understanding husbands, an adorable pumpkin...what more can a girl want!