Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy New Year!


Today marks the beginning of the Year of the Dog in the Chinese zodiac. Pretty much every year since Terra was born has been her year, but this year this is shaping up to be even better than the rest for her. Lily has taken to protesting when I talk, laugh, cough, sneeze or basically breathe wrong when I'm feeding her. She lets out a small but distinct wail as a warning the first time I do any of the above mentioned which can progress to louder protestations, depending on her mood. Terra has actually learned to capitalize on this situation. She knows that as long as I'm feeding the baby, I can't really yell at her. As a result, Terra gets away with barking, chewing on things that she knows are forbidden, and just being a brat in general without any fear of punishment (the dreaded harsh tone of voice). Below, you can see one of her most recent naughty escapades:

Terra, The Wonderdog

It is hard to see in this picture because the blanket is black, but Terra has managed to rip several holes in her blanket and completely entangle her right hind leg while putting her head and right foreleg through one of the holes. Notice the innocent look mixed with the plea for help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww the joys of being a doggy-mother!

Ingrid said...

That's my puppy! Learning how to avoid trouble.... I love it!