Monday, November 21, 2005

What's In a Name?

As many of you know, the name for our little Calabasa was under discussion and debate for quite some time. The following are the reasons that Lillian Meyer Deetz came to be:

First and foremost, Lillian Meyer is the name of my grandmother (my dad's mother). My grandmother cared for me until she passed away when I was three years old. Even though we did not have a long time together, I have memories of her and know that we had a special bond during that time.

Secondly, Lily is symbolic of innocence, purity, and beauty. Kathleen means "pure one" and so we thought it fitting that as mother and daughter, our names share a common meaning.

When I was married to Carl, I took my maiden name, Meyer, as my middle name. So now Lily and I also share the same middle name.

Lastly, lilies happen to be my favorite flowers. Last year we planted lilies in our garden, and each one came up perfectly this year. As this does not happen consistently with the flowers that I plant (or attempt to plant), it must be a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

louisiana home equity loans