Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Times, They Are A Changin'

We are officially full-term today (37 weeks)! Even though I have been as big as a house for weeks now, I have been relatively comfortable and sleeping very well. Until about 2 days ago, I was thinking that all the discomforts of late-term pregnancy were just going to somehow pass me by. Oh, not so. The latest in my pregnancy story is this...
  • The wonderful first trimester nausea has returned along with a friend, indigestion.
  • I move so slowly now that we have to leave 15 minutes earlier to go anywhere.
  • I have been extremely moody (Carl has been such a trooper on this one!)
  • Sleeping has been a little more of a challenge. I have always been a very good sleeper, so even the indigestion and general discomfort of the additional weight have not been able to completely overcome my body's strong drive for a full night's sleep. As a side note, when I woke up from the indigestion last night, Carl got up with me and decided that we would have a picnic in bed (saltines and a carbonated beverage). Yeah, he's great.

Still, I know things could be worse - and probably will get worse with 3 weeks left to go. Although we are technically ready for the baby (the room is ready, clothes washed and put away, car seats in and inspected, etc), I am still coveting the few weeks left to do things that I want to do. I don't think that we have to worry about going into labor early, judging by the track record of my mother and sister. In fact, I think of the due date as the earliest date that we would have the baby. More than likely, the actual event will occur sometime in the week after the due date. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully, we will get information about any dilation and effacement, and I will report it then.

1 comment:

Roger said...

You're in the home stretch! I'm afraid it's probably just going to get worse, but it's exciting!