Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So Close, Yet Sooo Far Away


With about a week and a half until our due date, we still have made no progress or even slight moves toward the birth. Unfortunately at our doctor's appointment yesterday, we received the same information as always - no change. I definitely suspected that this would be the case since I have not felt any prelabor or Braxton-Hicks contractions to date. The only pains/symptoms that I have currently are of the non-productive variety. I occasionally get shooting pains in my back when sitting; ear aches, leg discomfort, nausea/indigestion when sleeping; and my favorite, overactive saliva glands (aka drooling) - mostly when sleeping...but sometimes when I'm not. So, I am biding my time with various projects - embroidering towels, working on the birth announcements, etc. I am also going to start very low-level water aerobics classes on Friday. It basically has come down to a waiting game, and I'm determined to not let it get the best of me.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Welp, you said she'd be late from the beginning. Maybe she'll just be a quick mover when she finally makes up her mind to come out. (Let's hope anyway!) Have fun with all the projects!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe how close you are! Oh, how times are going to be achangin' very soon. I can't imagine a day without my sunshine - Mary Mackenzie. Baby girl Deetz will brighten your days more than you know.