Thursday, October 06, 2005

Good Things

On Tuesday, we had another uneventful doctor visit - a good thing. Yesterday, Carl and I celebrated our dating anniversary. Yes, after 4 1/2 years of marriage, we still celebrate the day that we had our first date. My friend Tori will remember this well. Carl asked me to go to a movie and then was afraid that I wouldn't go (even though I had already said yes) so he said to invite Tori too. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since he probably hadn't seen Tori and I apart at that point. So, I invited and then promptly uninvited Tori - with Tori laughing at our craziness all the while. So, how long have Carl and I been together? 9 years. Insane.

Yesterday I was treated to a Pampered Mom-to-Be Spa Day and a great Italian dinner by my awesome husband. We also had the car seats checked in our cars (a little change from previous years). I have to say, as the due date draws near, I think that I'm going to miss being pregnant. I have gotten used to this state of being, and I kind of like our co-existence. Of course, I am looking forward to actually seeing her and being able to hold her and getting to know her personality. But, I am going to try to enjoy these last weeks of living together as one.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

9 years! Wow! Guess that's why I feel like you've been part of our lives forever, Kathleen! :-) So glad you guys found each other!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember those days so well. I'm glad you're past the shyness and awkwardness and on to a wonderful marraige awaiting a wonderful baby. Wonderful, that is, if takes after Kathleen.

J/K...you know I can't resist trying to get one up on Good Ol' Carl, even though it's just a pipe dream because he's far wittier than I can dream to be.