Tuesday, September 19, 2006

These are the days...to remember

Curly top

An intriguing toy...


Um, I don't know what you've heard, but I am so allowed to play with Terra's toys.

Lily updates:

Lily took her first steps last Friday!!!

Lately, I am smitten with her expressions and her dance moves. She can convey so much with her looks, and you can almost see her figuring out the world (and having her own opinion about it) just by watching her face. She dances to her own beat, and quite often, at that. Music is not required but preferable.

I also love that she thinks that everyone is totally enraptured with her. When we were at church on Sunday, everyone clapped at the end, and there is no doubt that she thought the applause was intended for her. Her eyes lit up, she had a huge grin, and began looking around, as if to acknowledge her adoring fans.

She also finds amusement in the weirdest things - like when I set the alarm at work, she laughs. And, whenever I pick up the leash to walk Terra in the morning, she actually starts belly-laughing. I don't know what it is that she finds so funny. Whatever it is, I absolutely love it...and love her.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

First steps! I can't believe it! Where's the video of that??? Is she continuing to take steps or was it a one-time thing?

Oh, and by the way, everyone was clapping for her at church. I'm just sure of it! :-)

Anonymous said...

yes I agree, everyone was clapping for her! I miss her already (and you and Carl too, I guess).

Anonymous said...

Isn't Carl too big to play with Terra's toys...oh wait, that's Lily! :)