Thursday, April 06, 2006

Stop the Press

We have a major news alert: Lily's "Tiny Tidbit" report from school said that she sat up on her own for 20 seconds today! Of course, with me being there, I was notified immediately. Her teacher brought Lily into the office to show me, but we have not gotten her to sit up for that long since. We did try it at home, and she definitely sits on her own for short periods before toppling over. It is a bittersweet milestone. Although I am excited for the next phase of sitting up, eating solids, crawling, and the like, it is hard to watch my tiny baby grow so quickly. Lily's infant class (the Jungle Infant Room) at school is not the youngest group anymore. Last week, the new infant room opened (the Bear Infant Room). We had an 8-week old (yes, her name is Lily) start, and I can't believe how much smaller she is than my Lily. I remember working on skills like tracking (very slowly) and trying to get any reaction at all from Lily. But now a babbling, smiling, laughing, semi-hand-controlled, almost-sitting-up baby has replaced that tiny, helpless baby of old. Unbelievable. What a difference a couple months makes.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

So exciting! She's getting so old!

The new baby on Desperate Housewives is named Lily as well. Too crazy! Guess you really picked the best new name!

Anonymous said...

Good to have a famous baby name...even better she didn't come from a hooker. :)

Anonymous said...

sorry, I mean dancer